Universal Steel Drill Pipes with welded connectors are used for oil and gas well workover, removal of paraffin and hydrate plugs, cleaning of tubing string, as well as to geophysical surveys in prospecting and exploration of oil and gas.
Technical characteristics of Universal Steel Drill Pipes
|Standard size||Pipe||Connector||OD of tong recess S, mm||Torque, Nm (±5%)|
|External diameter D, mm||Wall thickness t, mm||External diameter D1, mm||Internal diameter d1 (least), mm|
- According to the customer’s agreement we can produce drill pipes with length from 0.7 up to 9.5 m.
- Steel strength of the pipes “E”, “X”. Material of connectors is special steel.
- According to concerted drawing we can produce drill pipes with diameter 63.5; 70 and 80 mm with wall thickness 7; 8 or 9 mm.
- Connectors can be increased according to concerted drawing. For example Universal Steel Drill Pipes 63.5 with connector with OD 70 mm.
Mechanical properties of pipes (at least)
|Parameters||Pipe (steel strength E)||Pipe (steel strength X)||Connector (special steel)|
|Tensile strength, MPa||735||784||882|
|Yield strength, MPa||539||637||686|
- Mechanical properties of the drill pipe as well as for the weld seam.
- Mechanical properties of connectors indicated after the volumetric heat treatment.
- Surface hardness after heat treatment: pipe – not less 40 HRC, heat treated connector – not less 55 HRC.